Tuesday, October 10, 2006

And Your Little Dog, Too

Damn you and your job-y richness, Tolbs. Damn you to Hell. Twice.

And consider yourself envied.

Also, I think it's a girl. The hair, for one thing (most schools require short hair for boys) and it's a bit hippy.

Anyway, here's my Shit List for today, even though it has only one item upon't:
Romance In Islam.

Fucking Indians. They always run the strictest-ass, most obtuse classes. This guy (Bali) comes in as a pre-doctoral prof and proceeds to instruct us just like he was at the University of Chicago which means, apparently, that we are expected to know Farsi, Urdu, Arabic, Hindu, and be able to discuss at length such writers as Khant, Marx, and lesser-known intellectuals as Benjamin. (Said Ben'yuh'mean) He finally realizes, after we continually express that we have no idea what he's talking about, that he is not explaining/teaching things that we are equipped to understand. So what does he do?

Assigns the bulk of the core curriculum of the U of C's literary analysis readings to us.

Mid-course.

Realize that I am not bitching about the extra work. Hell, I've always half-felt like reading Marx, I just never had enough drive or interest to sit down and do it. But this is NO way to run a class. I was talking to the class' pre-eminent Chemical Engineering student (seriously, no two of us have the same major/interests) and she, too, dislikes his teaching style, citing random tangents, relatively meaningless historical background (or at least he doesn't explain the significance of such) and poor planning as reasons to KILL THIS MOTHERFUCKER. (Italics and caps mine)

And I'm not pissed that I have no clue what our midterm on Friday will contain. Nope. Not a fuckin' bit. Furthermore, you may be wondering what sparked this sudden tirade.

I'll tell you. The chemical engineering girl (Let's call her Ellie) and I can't make the regular OUT OF CLASS-TIME video showings which this ASSHOLE set up. So we asked him to make the video available at the library, a la every other instructor on campus. When we meet before Chinese (consuming precious vocabulary study time, I might add) we went to the library. They said (despite our telling the professor specifically to use this one) to go across campus (a daunting feat these days) to the other library. After roughly fifteen minutes of walking and bus-riding, we arrive to find that the library does NOT have the video, but they do have the book we already own, thank-you-very-much. So we decide to check out the douche-bag's office. He's not there, but while I go to the main office to inquire about our dilemna to some department heads or something. I return, frustrated, to find that Ellie is sitting with him in the office. Ok, cool, he's back; I can get some answers. It turns out that he meant he would put it on reserve in the library IF they owned a copy. Which doesn't really mean HE can reserve it, does it? Anyway, we're both a little edgy and to sate us, he tells Ellie she can grab his copy after class tomorrow, and we'll both have to watch it before Friday. Maybe Wednesday night, which I'm already using to go to a study group for my Japanese test because this fuck's class isn't the only one in which I have a damn midterm, the shithead.

Ok, I need to go cool down and memorize my vocab again. Have a g'night, all.



I am so angry. So very, very angry! He took my Thermal Discombobulator!

5 Comments:

Blogger tolbs said...

what an idiot. I hate people like that. They just need to realize that it makes sense for 1 person to adjust to 30, rather than 30 to 1.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Sleep Goblin said...

Doesn't your school have a syllabus rule, stating that the professor can't just add that kind of stuff in?

6:11 PM  
Blogger Monkey said...

I hurl poo in your professors direction! That is just plain evil.

I'm with Sleep, do you have any recourse? Other than homocide?

10:14 PM  
Blogger Bee said...

Quit yer bellyachin'.

Hee.

The wireless went down and I restarted WITHOUT YOUR HELP! Whee!

Now make me a grilled cheese sammich.

3:24 PM  
Blogger kimberlina said...

so uh.... how'd it go?

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home